Are you an avid gamer looking to get started in video game journalism, or perhaps an established blogger seeking guest posting opportunities? If so, we have a place for you here at the Skyrim Fansite!
We’re currently looking for volunteer contributors passionate about Skyrim and The Elder Scrolls franchise, and are offering a great opportunity for writers looking to reach a larger audience with their work. Although our main editorial focus is on Skyrim and The Elder Scrolls series, we do publish other video game articles of interest to our readers.
There is a lot of scope for different topics, including:
- Game guides
- How-to posts
- Opinion pieces
- Game reviews
- News articles
- Passion and knowledge about the Elder Scrolls and video games is a must
- Amateur bloggers are welcome, but posts need to be of a high quality
- Posts must be a minimum of 300 words in length
- All content must be 100% original
- Content must read well and follow rules of English grammar (correct spelling, punctuation, etc.)
- Content must be fair (no bashing, spreading rumors, etc.); writers can have strong opinions, but those opinions need to be supported by evidence and logic
- Content must be fan friendly (no hate speech, foul language, obscenity, etc.)
What Our Contributors Get
- Author’s bio to run with every post
- Author’s bio includes picture and one or two outbound links to a reputable domain (personal website, FaceBook, Twitter, etc.)
- Access to a platform that reaches a wide audience passionate about video games, Skyrim and The Elder Scrolls
Want To Be A Staff Member?
The Skyrim Fansite currently has two openings for serious writers looking to join our team. Staff members work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and other team members in helping the website grow. All staff members must regularly contribute a minimum of two quality posts per week, and be available to answer questions and engage in dialog with readers on the website and FaceBook.
New staffers will be eligible (after a 2-week probation period) for having their Elder Scrolls Online monthly subscription fee paid for by the Skyrim Fansite in exchange for their work.
Want to be a staff member? Contact us and tell us why you want to join the team. Send links to previously published work, or examples of your high quality writing for review.
Odds and Ends
The Skyrim Fansite reserves all editorial rights. We seek the best material and content for our readers, and reserve the right to decide what articles are published. Under no circumstances will we ever accept money for an article to be published, or post spam articles designed for underground marketing, lead generation or advertising revenue. If you are a marketer, please look elsewhere for your content.
Contact us if you’re interested in becoming a contributor or applying for a staff member position. Make certain to leave a valid email address so we can get back to you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Founder and Editor-in-Chief